Wherever you are in your job, in your work, in your career or in your life you may well at some point have the need to ask questions about your situation and know that in return you are getting valuable advice.
You may also be uncertain about what to do next as a result of this advice and who to talk to. Getting advice is a good first step and it is often better to talk to someone outside your immediate family who can be impartial, objective and confidential.
Very often this will give you confidence and reassurance about the way forward as well as having help, a focus or an external view.
If you have encountered any of the situations described below then Gateway will be able to help you. As a first step please contact us to set up an initial free consultation. We like to take time to meet you without obligation so that we can fully understand your situation and your specific needs.
Improving my CV
- My CV is not getting me any interviews?
- Having problems talking about my achievements?
- What to include and what to omit?
- Need to refresh or rewrite my CV for a new job?
- What is a Functional CV and do I need to have one?
- Old CV does not do the trick?
Developing my Linkedin profile
- Do I need to have a Linkedin profile?
- Don’t know how to use Linkedin to get a job?
- Want a new profile or to develop my current one?
- Current profile not doing what I want?
Using Social Media
- How can I use Social Media in my job search?
- What do I need to know about it if I am looking for a new job?
- What are the main points to concentrate on?
New Graduate / First Career Change Graduate
- Just graduated but can’t get a job?
- Not sure how to apply for internships?
- Unclear about my direction and what I am best suited for?
- Don’t seem to be able to convert an interview into a job offer?
- Can’t get beyond the assessment centre stage?
- Want to manage assessment days better?
- CV needs to be improved or updated?
International Student starting in the UK
- Want to learn about the UK job market and how to work it?
- Need a good CV and covering letter?
- How do I apply for jobs?
- How do I get started with working in the UK and what do I need to do?
- Do I need a Linkedin profile?
Managing my Redundancy and Job Loss
- Angry about the situation and need to talk about it?
- Lost confidence in myself but need to get going?
- See this as an opportunity to make a change but not sure where to go next?
- Never had a job interview or needed a CV before?
- Should I set up my own business?
Frustrated / not challenged / not using my skills at work
- Not motivated but unsure where to go next?
- How do I make my job more interesting and challenging?
- Have worked here all my life, where can I go now?
Taking a Career Break
- Never done this before, what are the main things to consider?
- Want to have a break but can’t afford to?
- How do I approach my employer about it?
- What will happen when I decide to come back?
- Is it sensible at my stage in life?
Changing direction in my career
- Can I change direction at my age?
- Is it sensible to change direction or career at the moment?
- What are my options?
- What is involved?
- How do get started?
Returning to work
- My confidence is low. Where do I start?
- Is there a job out there for me?
- I’d like to work for myself. How do I get going?
- Are there part-time jobs out there? How do I find them?
- I have lost touch with my network contacts. Is this a problem?
- I don’t have a CV or Linkedin profile. Can you help?
Starting my own business
- I’d like to start my own business but I don’t know how to get started?
- I like security at work. Is having my own business sensible?
- Should I be a Limited company or not?
- How can I find a business partner?
- What are the potential problems of starting a business today?
Becoming an Interim or a Consultant
- What is the difference between an Interim and a Consultant?
- Which am I best suited to?
- Who can I talk to about finding work?
- Is this a risky thing to do at my stage of life?
Developing a Portfolio Career
- What is a Portfolio Career?
- Who is it for?
- Am I suited to it?
- What are the advantages of it?
- How do I get started?
Retraining, Reskilling and Qualifications
- I want to develop more skills? What course is best for me?
- Is doing an MBA a good way to progress my career?
- How will retraining or taking qualifications help me in my next move?
My Job Search – not making any progress
- I seem to have lost enthusiasm in my job search. What should I do?
- I spend all day on the computer. Is this a good idea?
- I want to have some external careers advice to help me in my career. How do I get started?
- How do I get a Mentor to help me with my career?
- Can’t get interviews and keep getting rejected?
- I’m applying for many jobs and don’t seem to have had any success?
- Need to rethink about my strategy?
Not converting Interviews to a Job offer
- Having problems with competency based questions?
- My questions are letting me down?
- I don’t seem to be able to build rapport with the interviewer?
- Problems with nerves and showing enthusiasm?
- Over prepared and can’t remember what to say when?
- I have had too many changes in my career. How do I get over this at interview?
- I cannot find any information about the organisation?
Having a crisis in my career, mid life
- I’ve been in my current job for too long and need to move. Can you help?
- I am not interested in my job any more. What should I do?
- My personal life has changed but I don’t know how to move my work or career?
- I now realise that I need a complete change of direction. Where can I go now?
Wanting to work in the UK but need help
- How do I get started in the UK job market?
- How do I get sponsorship from an organisation?
- Do I need a new CV and if so in what format?
- I don’t have any contacts in the UK. Is this going to be a problem?